Skip Hop is a leading brand of innovative consumer products for new moms and dads. Our products have broad retail distribution in independent, specialty and department stores in the US and around the world, and the brand has strong name recognition amongst today’s generation of parents.
Interested in joining our team? We're always seeking passionate and ambitious talent in product development, design, production, sourcing, sales, finance, operations and merchandising.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a cover letter explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to Skip Hop's success. Skip Hop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer significant opportunities for growth and advancement for motivated self-starters who are eager to learn.
Below are specific job opportunities for which we're immediately seeking talent. We frequently update this page with new opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
Soft Goods/Toy Designer - FREELANCE
Reply to: email@example.com
Developing new products and packaging from concept sketches through to production specs, with a focus on soft toys and personal accessories. Reviews samples and send feedback to factories throughout the development process. Also manages smaller design projects, including initial research and costing through to final pricing.
· Assisting Senior Designers and Design Director
· Sketching new product concepts
· Specifying new products that follow the Brief
· Communicating with factories and/or modelmakers to develop product samples
· Developing packaging dielines and specifying packaging plans
· Creating concept sheets for use by sales
· Working with Production team to hand off all product specs
· Mocking up products and packaging as needed
4-year degree, preferably in Industrial Design or Graphic Design
3+ years experience in a related field
Excellence in Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Sewing experience a big plus
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skip Hop is seeking a Full time Merchandising Assistant for our growing team. This position will support the Director of Merchandising with the introduction of successful new product launches and the discontinuation of current products. The merchandising assistant will help with market and competitive research and act as a liaison with design, sales and marketing departments. This is a great position for someone that is interested in juvenile product design and would like to get their start with an exciting, growing company.
- Analysis of products on the market, features and price points
- Research trends and innovation taking place in US and overseas
- Help to determine product mix, launch timing, retail price points
- Coordinate consumer research including surveys, focus groups and in home studies
- Help to create visuals of product lines at retail including planograms and displays
- Work with copywriter and marketing to insure proper messaging for packaging, catalog and web
- 2+ years similar work experience
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes tasks; Uses time efficiently
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Computer Skills: strong working knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Word software, Adobe Illustrator
- Visual Merchandising experience a plus
Reply to: email@example.com
Skip Hop is seeking as a Sales Assistant to support our Sales and Marketing teams.
- Reviewing customer orders with communication to sales, planning and operations teams.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history; identifying and ensuring accuracy for filling orders: notifying managers and customers. Make periodic date updates where applicable.
- Resolve pricing discrepancies and forward findings to appropriate managers for next steps.
- Work with managers to assess the proper communication to customers for any product delays and updates.
- Assist with new item setup process and deliver to customer based on needs with follow up.
- Review websites for proper images, pricing, and descriptions.
- Clarify customer needs by selecting appropriate information to forward; answering all BA needs and questions. Ensure customer needs have been met and assist with any additional requests.
- Work with managers on sample requests, arranging shipment; tracking and notifying customer.
- Prepare updates on customers using prepared sales reports and review with manager in weekly meetings.
- Update managers by consolidating, analyzing, and forwarding daily action summaries.
- Assist in sales presentations by compiling data using prepared presentation formats and materials.
- Gathering sales samples and other preparation for meeting needs.
- Tracks sales expenses for managers.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and departments.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and projects while working under deadlines.
- Excellent Skills in Microsoft Office with a very strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to learn new applications as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in dealings with others and working in a team environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve.
Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment; working efficiently under pressure.