Skip Hop is a leading brand of innovative consumer products for new moms and dads. Our products have broad retail distribution in independent, specialty and department stores in the US and around the world, and the brand has strong name recognition amongst today’s generation of parents.
Interested in joining our team? We're always seeking passionate and ambitious talent in product development, design, production, sourcing, sales, finance, operations and merchandising.
Email your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include a cover letter explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to Skip Hop's success. Skip Hop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer significant opportunities for growth and advancement for motivated self-starters who are eager to learn.
Below are specific job opportunities for which we're immediately seeking talent. We frequently update this page with new opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
- Account Manager
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Soft Goods/Toy Designer - FREELANCE
- Bag/Product Designer
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Graphic Designer
Reply to: email@example.com
Responsible for executing graphic design projects for various departments. Supports Art Director. Must have print and digital experience.
• packaging (updating old, designing new, and preparing production-ready files)
• merchandising materials (point-of-purchase displays, counter cards, banners)
• e-blasts and other direct-to-consumer communications
• updating website: homepage graphics, product pages, press
• designing and replicating web banner ads
• assisting to style photoshoots and maintain consistency across shots
• create fun illustrations or patterns as needed
• tradeshow graphics
• package mock-ups for pitches/presentations
• assist with designing presentation slide templates
4-year degree, preferably in Graphic Design
Proficiency in Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Digital Marketing Manager
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a hands-on professional to manage our Web site, e-commerce business and online marketing and social media efforts. The eCommerce Business Manager will oversee all web functionality, handle the day-to-day activities on the site, launch new products online, refresh the site regularly, and manage all Web/digital marketing activities including email marketing, social media, loyalty programs and other targeted campaigns. The Business Manager is responsible for the online/digital execution of the company’s global brand strategy – including unique creative content, partnership giveaway’s, and loyalty programs. In addition, the qualified individual will be able to manage SEO/SEM, affiliate programs such as linkshare, strategic promotional activity and online marketing partnerships.
Candidate must have experience with a full-featured ecommerce platform such as Magento or Miva as well as Google Analytics.
The ideal candidate has both creative and quantitative skills. From a design-oriented standpoint, the manager will be responsible for usability and navigation, look and feel and brand-driven presentation. This person also must be an analytical thinker who can regularly analyze the ecommerce business, track marketing and campaign performance, develop management reports and oversee a budget.
· Manage front-end Web site, landing pages, content, product pages using both our CMS and basic web development skills.
· Write creative briefs that lead to creation of all marketing assets: banners, eblasts, promotions.
· Create and manage creative content, blogger partnerships, contests, and giveaways.
· Create and mange development schedules and marketing calendar.
· Be the voice of the company through social media, including day-to-day oversight of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
· Communicate with internal team regarding new web initiatives
· Report analytics to cross-functional teams
· Monitor online competition and social media campaigns.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s year degree in marketing or related field
· Consumer products, fashion or luxury goods experience, in a brand-driven company
· Creative thinker with emphasis
· 3+ years experience in eCommerce and/or web content management
· 2+ years managing affiliate programs and paid searches
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
Soft Goods/Toy Designer - FREELANCE
Reply to: email@example.com
Developing new products and packaging from concept sketches through to production specs, with a focus on soft toys and personal accessories. Reviews samples and send feedback to factories throughout the development process. Also manages smaller design projects, including initial research and costing through to final pricing.
· Assisting Senior Designers and Design Director
· Sketching new product concepts
· Specifying new products that follow the Brief
· Communicating with factories and/or modelmakers to develop product samples
· Developing packaging dielines and specifying packaging plans
· Creating concept sheets for use by sales
· Working with Production team to hand off all product specs
· Mocking up products and packaging as needed
4-year degree, preferably in Industrial Design or Graphic Design
3+ years experience in a related field
Excellence in Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Sewing experience a big plus
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skip Hop is a leading, consumer products brand for baby and toddler products. The Company is known world-wide for its functional, innovative parenting solutions and award-winning product design. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, highly entrepreneurial company with many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Parenting can be tough, but here at Skip Hop, we believe it can all be easier when you have unique, innovative and highly functional products on hand.
Are you passionate about designing functional, fashion-forward bags that improve the lives of those who own them?
Are you a quick-thinking, creatively driven, multi-tasking team player who loves tackling many projects at once?
Do you have product design experience that spans a wide variety of products?
If this sounds like you, please read on because we'd like to meet you!
Our growing Product Development team in Flatiron NYC is looking for a motivated designer who boasts both a keen fashion design sense and solid background of experience designing a wide range of products. The right person for this role will be responsible for everything from market research, concept and spec drawings for bags and accessories, so he/she must be able to complete final specs on the computer (Adobe Illustrator).
If you have prior bag design experience, that's huge, because we'll need you to know bag construction and be able to spec materials and hardware. Other design experience such as accessory design and trend research is a big plus as well. Once you're on board, you will be responsible for working with overseas factories and approving materials and construction, so you must be very detailed oriented and a great communicator. You must be able to handle many projects at once, possess a modern aesthetic and wield a pitch-in attitude.
**Please Note: You Must Have Handbag Design Experience To Be Considered For This Role**
• Assist the design team with product design research
• Product ideation, sketching, drafting and rendering
• Communicate with vendors during tooling and production
• Travel as needed to facilitate production with vendors
• Degree in Industrial Design or fashion/accessories design with 2-4 years of experience designing handbags
• Sketching both technical drawing and freeform renderings.
• 2D computer skills – Photoshop and Illustrator
• Excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills
• Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a team
• Knowledge of materials, hardware, leather, and handbag construction required as well as expertise in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends.
This is a great opportunity for growth and advancement for passionate, self-starting designers who want to work in a fun environment filled with other passionate, creative designers. We offer competitive benefits and great compensation, etc. Please check out the application details below and get in touch. We can't wait to meet you!
MUST submit sample of appropriate work (not over 3MB) or link to web portfolio. Please submit resume and salary requirements.
***PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NOT DESIGNED HANDBAGS***