Skip Hop is a leading brand of innovative consumer products for new moms and dads. Our products have broad retail distribution in independent, specialty and department stores in the US and around the world, and the brand has strong name recognition amongst today’s generation of parents.
Interested in joining our team? We're always seeking passionate and ambitious talent in product development, design, production, sourcing, sales, finance, operations and merchandising.
Email your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include a cover letter explaining your unique story and how you can contribute to Skip Hop's success. Skip Hop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer significant opportunities for growth and advancement for motivated self-starters who are eager to learn.
Below are specific job opportunities for which we're immediately seeking talent. We frequently update this page with new opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
Consumer Marketing Coordinator
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The consumer-marketing cordinator is responsible for increasing targeted awareness of the brand through consumer marketing.
- Execute the strategic vision for the brand, maintaining consistent messaging and integrity across all customer touch points including advertising, public relations, packaging, digital and social media, e-commerce, and online marketing efforts.
- Develop and place consumer (with retail partners)
- Maintain retailer marketing calendar.
- Provide input and direction relative to web creative efforts
- Responsible for collaborating, creating, and managing cross functional programs and processes to deliver and execute marketing activities in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Liaise with design depts to ensure the timely development and execution of all print media (i.e., catalogs, packaging, collateral, sales support materials, PR materials, etc.) to support overall marketing strategy
- Work with the Sales teams to foster relationships with key wholesale account decision-makers and drive account specific programs (digital) and promotions that align with the brand’s vision and strategy.
- Develop and evaluate media plans and initiatives with retail partners.
- Manage the development packaging, i.e. traffic the packaging process.
- Interact with other department and assist with the development of cross-marketing strategies and opportunities
- Understand competitive landscape, brand positioning, price/value relationships, and strongholds.
- Manage and traffic creative projects and packaging needs through art department and production
- Continually evaluate marketing department's strengths/weaknesses and accomplishments against plan; make adjustments, as needed, to provide service excellence and/or adapt to changing needs
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in consumer marketing and promotions. Familiarity with infant and juvenile business a plus.
- Clear communications skills are critical - both written and verbal. The ability over manage a large volume of copy is essential.
- Experience in retail merchandising including developing in-store visuals and merchandise planograms
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive, growth- oriented marketing plans required.
- Creative thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate
- Highly creative. Out-of-the-box thinker
- Self motivated seeking challenge and growth
- Expertise in copy writing
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, with a strong desire to learn and grow in a fast-moving, dynamic entrepreneurial company.
International Sales Manager
Reply to: email@example.com
Skip Hop is looking for an experienced International Sales Manager to help manage the company’s international business, focusing on European sales via the company’s network of country-based distributors. A key responsibility is ensuring sound strategic brand building at the local market level, guiding distributors and their retail customers to improve and increase assortments, identifying new sales opportunities, assessing distributor performance and providing market knowledge and distributor insight. Helping distributors create forecasts, introducing them to new products and training distributors is also essential to guarantee that the brand is appropriately sold at retail and marketed correctly to consumers in each market. The International Sales Manager must actively represent the company’s interests at the country level, adjusting strategy and tactics as appropriate for the unique nature of each local market and partner.
- Execute our global retail & brand strategy and support our international distributors in their sales and marketing efforts to grow Skip Hop in a variety of international markets
- Ensure each distributor is achieving monthly sales goals and accurately forecasting to appropriately plan for expansion.
- Manage distributors expectations and anticipate challenges and needs
- Proactively search for market growth and tools to increase sell through at retail level.
- Follow up with new product launches in the markets and various sales initiatives from HQ sales team
- Conduct sales analysis for each market to best understand and address market opportunities.
- Work with the distributors’ sales teams to foster appropriate relationships with key wholesale account decision-makers and drive account specific programs (brick & mortar and digital) and promotions that align with the brand’s vision and strategy.
- Oversee distributor driven marketing programs, and help develop new marketing programs that fall within their budget and deliver the highest ROI
- Interact with other HQ department heads and assist with the development of cross-marketing strategies and opportunities
- Organize bi-weekly calls and submit recap write-ups to be reviewed with management
- Attend local market trade shows with the distributor as Skip Hop’s representative, with the ultimate goal of meeting customers, understanding markets, challenges and opportunities and nurturing relationships with key parties.
- Travel regularly overseas to work directly with distributors in each market.
- Position can be based in the New York City or London, UK
Required Skills & Experience:
Excellent communication, presentation and sales skills – oral and written
Excellent Microsoft Office skills – PPT and excel
Must have at least three Years International Sales Management experience
Must have knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and distribution
Desired Qualifications and experience:
Prior experience and relationships with major retailers in EU, UK and other international markets.
Prior experience working with international distributors, or within a similar structure in a consumer products environment.
Prior experience in juvenile, fashion, luxury or similar
Product Designer, Softgoods
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skip Hop is a leading brand of innovative baby products for new families. Our products have broad retail distribution in independent, specialty and department stores in the US, as well as in 40 international markets. The brand is a favorite of parents worldwide, sought after for its best-in-class products that feature iconic designs with an emphasis on function, high quality and authenticity.
We are seeking a hands-on design professional to work with our design team to ideate and develop innovative new products for the infant and parenting markets. Designers develop new products from initial research and concept sketches through to production specs, with a focus on soft toys and personal accessories. This includes reviewing samples and sending feedback to factories throughout the development process. Candidate must be a strategic thinker and have experience leading creative teams in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
· Researching and sketching new product concepts that follow the Brief
· Specifying new products (with technical design team)
· Communicating with factories and/or modelmakers to develop product samples
· Review design directions with management, create presentations for management, sales and retail customers
· Working with Development team to hand off all product specs
· Mocking up products and structural packaging as needed
· Product categories include: accessories, soft toys, bedding and more
• 4-year degree in Industrial Design
• 2+ years experience in product design (sewing experience a big plus)
• Good sketching/rendering capability
• Proficiency in Adobe CS and Microsoft Office
• Clean, modern aesthetic and a love of function
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
• Must be available for international travel 2-3 times/year
Please note this is a full-time on-site position. Please respond with resume, portfolio (under 3Mb please) or link, and salary requirements.